AHA! Creating Change through the Power of Insight – ODN of WNY June 2013 Meeting
Organization Development Network (ODN) of WNY
June 2013 Meeting Announcement
AHA! Creating Change through the Power of Insight
Presenter: Donna Hartney, Ph.D.
- Friday June 14th, 8:30 am to 11:30 am (8:30 am to 9:00 am – networking; 9:00 am to 11:30 am – meeting)
- Canisius Center for Professional Development 300 Corporate Parkway, Suite 130, Amherst, NY 14226
We want our clients to be successful. We want them to achieve their most cherished goals. And we owe it to them, and ourselves, to provide them with the best tools possible, to supply them with the right tools at the right time, and to equip them with the skills to continue to grow and to change.
Let’s face it. Organizations change when and only when the individuals within them change, but individual change can be difficult to achieve.
“People change only when they have to.” “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” “Change is hard.”
In a flash of clarity a person can be transformed, becoming a different person, a better person, a more successful person. Unfortunately, defining moments like these are outside our control—the products of fate, luck, or chance.
So says our collective wisdom.
What if our collective wisdom is wrong?
Is it possible proactively to prime ourselves for pivotal insights (what I call AHA!s), and to teach our clients to do the same?
Absolutely. I’m confident that we can, because I’ve seen it happen—beginning with myself and then through my research and work with clients.
In the session, we will focus on answering six questions:
- What is an AHA! anyway?
- How is an AHA! different from an ordinary, everyday aha?
- What impact can an AHA! have on a person’s life and career?
- What’s the evidence that it’s possible proactively to prime oneself for pivotal AHA!s?
- Where do AHA!s fit within a comprehensive model of change, and why are they a crucial addition?
- Why is it necessary to first be a student of AHA!s before attempting to teach others how to create them?
Donna Hartney is a Ph.D. performance consultant who works with leaders and professionals nationally and internationally to devise and implement strategies to bring out the best in themselves and their people. She is also America’s top “aha” moment expert. She is the author of The AHA! Handbook: How to spark the insights that will transform your life and career and the creator of xSAIL® Coaching, a unique coaching approach that teaches clients how to prime themselves for life- and career-transforming insights.
The Canisius Center for Professional Development is located in Amherst, NY.
Directions: Take the 290 expressway, and exit on Millersport Highway going north. At the first light (by the Marriott), make a left on to Flint Road. Make a left turn on to Maple Road. At the next signal, make a left turn on to Corporate Parkway. At the stop sign, turn right. The building is on your left side. The parking lot (no charge) is on your right. Complimentary coffee is available.