Games Organization Development People Play–Program Notes
On January 9th I had the pleasure of presenting one of my favorite Organization Development topics and techniques to the group.
We had discussions about:
- Using and not using activities
- How to avoid making the activities too child like
- Presenting the use of activities to executive managers & university professors
- How to work through a sequencing process to determine which activities to use and how to set them up to be most useful
- Ways in which activities can be used to increase the implementation of work processes and procedures
- And some other stuff.
We started the workshop with some opening activities. Framing these activities in a manner to reinforce the purpose and objectives of the workshop and development process.
I2U2ME2WE worked well for that purpose.
Using the Organization Development Network to illustrate the 1st step in Team Building activity sequencing … Why are you / I here? Defining a shared purpose and letting everyone know what each person is looking for in the process OR why they are in attendance today.
We moved to Hard Edges Soft Middles. Sequencing to explore how team work and collaboration becomes more complicated the larger the team and goals.
Framing the 7 Steps in High Performance Teams and Sequencing of development with groups.
The teams spent time processing and reflecting upon their shared experience. We talked about using open ended questions to have people transfer learning from activities to their work.
We ended sharing what was useful to each person and how they can apply what was learned and shared today back at their work.
michael cardus is create-learning team building and leadership